Thursday, September 10, 2009

One last note about Circumcision

I wanted to say thank you so much for all the comments and emails about my last post. Nice to get so many opinions and know that so many others feel the same way I do. I wanted to add one last comment regarding this subject and that is that doctors once thought newborns did not feel pain because they would fall into a deep sleep after screaming profusely towards the end of the procedure. Doctors have come to realize that it is due to the body's defense mechanism in response to such intense pain. The body goes into a withdrawal mode in reaction to the pain. When I read this, it made me physically sick. And often the anesthesia administration (if it is even used, which most do not) is often more traumatic than the procedure.

It is also not our right to dictate what parts our baby boys do or do not have.

It is not right to allow a newborn baby boy to go through this type of pain and you can go to
http://www.intactamerica.org/ to sign a petition begging the CDC not to recommend circumcision to the parents-to-be of newborn baby boys.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for posting about it! You are most certainly not alone!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin