If I return to retail management, most likely, my days off would be on weekdays so that would mean the kids only need care three days a week. I have thought about caring for another baby, I'm just not sure if there is enough money in it. Besides retail, I think I would like to get my CNA license and work nights at Vanderbilt. Of course, the kids would need care again just for me to sleep at least 6 to 7 hours during the day. Being a CNA is a very physical, very dirty and very hard job with not enough pay to compensate ($10-$13/hr). I think though that it would give me a good look at nursing though. My eventual plan will be first for us to be debt free, besides the house of course, then to eventually, as in down the line, return to get my RN, work in the ICU and then two years after that, return again to get my CRNA.
There is a fabulous anesthesia school just about 15 minutes away so it works out well in that aspect and I have always been fascinated by all things anesthesia, airway and the like. So hopefully, while I am working in the ICU getting my BSN online, I can pay off the nursing loans and then go in debt again for anesthesia school. It is all a grand plan but finally I feel like I have a direction, which as we know, can change in the drop of a hat. Maybe I will find a company I want to move forward with in retail, who knows?
As far as life right now, I kept Gabby out of Treasure Creek this year, mostly because we could not afford it, and thankfully she has not missed it at all. We have school, all three of us at home and it is so fun. We do art, letters/numbers, flashcards, computer, music, songs, reading, library, and chapel. We start every day off with a prayer and even have snack time and recess time. It is so much fun. I have really sharpened my parenting skills and have completely and totally stopped spanking. I do occasional time outs, some days more occasional than others, but for the most part, when I get down on their level, make them look me right in the eye and discuss whats going on, its pretty effective. Most of discipline is teaching and anger does not evoke the needed behavior, it just makes things worse. We now have a printed copy of our new Family Rules and if someone breaks a rule, we correct them in love, in a way full of grace and respect. It has helped Rob and I keep each other in check too, for the most part ;)
Rob and I are working on our marriage and learning more ways to communicate, hopefully for the better. Rob just got a new job at work and is not rolling beer anymore, thank goodness, which means more help for me and less time asleep and generally a happier hubby. He will get his own vehicle tomorrow and will pre-sell his route. Already I can tell a difference in his attitude and demeanor.
We spend two days out of the week usually with Wendy, Zach and Audrey and see Jac, Sammy and Joseph sometimes and then we have MOPS twice a month on Wednesdays which is nice for me and the kids. We visit the play area, the zoo, the mall, or eat out with my parents which the kids love.
I needed an update and have lots of neat snow pics to upload considering this past month has been non stop snow. As I type this, we got about 4 inches yesterday ;) Gabby is all too ready for Spring.
Gabby is four and a half now and is absolute obsessed with the movie Tangled. She wears her Rapunzel dress just about every day and carries Pascal, her Rapunzel Barbie, and both her coloring books everywhere. She wants to be called Rapunzel all the time and lives in her "tower". She is a fiesty little thing, but just as kind hearted and compassionate as can be. She adores Hunter with all her heart and it is sweet. They still bicker with each other but watch out for each other constantly when we go out. They also make up their own games like coffee (a bath game that involves "pouring" coffee in their cups and then spitting it at each other...lovely, right?), skeleton (they take soap and "draw" skeletons on each other), and target (a snow game that involves throwing snowballs at the specified "target" that Gabby picks out for them). Also they "deliver" boxes of toys to each other in their room and Hunter's favorite, Monster, where we hide under the sheets so the "Monster" doesn't get us. They will play together outside and Gabby loves to be the leader. She is extremely crafty and loves to help me around the house. Her smile, joy and excitement is unparalleled when she finds something that makes her happy. We now have girl outings and go shopping or to a movie, just us girls. Gabby is very inquisitive and asks lots of questions and notices everything. She is bright, eager to learn and my best friend! We talk, read stories and paint our nails. She is just a beautiful ray of sunshine when she is around and lights up the room. When she is tired and hungry, she can get quite fiesty, just like her mama! I love her so incredibly much!
Hunter is just really coming into his own these days and is talking in complete sentences and says things like, "Hey mama, I have a idea!" or "Lets go play sissy!" He cracks me up on a daily basis with his cute little quotes or sayings. He also has great rhythm just like his Daddy! He moves to music anytime, anyplace! He will say exactly what Gabby says, word for word, about 50 % of the time. He literally adores everything she does and is very protective of her, even with us. Tonight I was drying Gabby off and her earring got stuck on the towel and she yelped. He came running in, "Mama! leave sissy's ear alone!" So cute! He is definately a mama's boy and loves to be held all the time. He still sleeps with us often and musthave his yellow blanket, which by the way he just spilled nailpolish on ;) a whole bottle no less. He is quite the curious little dude and loves sharpies, peanut butter and nailpolish as his medium when being crafty around the house :) He is just learning to play the computer and loves to wrestle. He is so much fun to be around and I still often look at his little round brown eyes and cant believe he is here. It still after two and a half years seems surreal. He is now completely potty trained and learned really quickly, even using the big potty now. He is a joy, full of spunk and energy, but oh so loving. His MOPS teacher adores him and says he is such a sweetheart in class. He breaks up fights over toys and offers toys to the other kids. She loves that he carries his blanket around with his thumb in his mouth, just like Linus on Charlie Brown. He is my little man, always!
As for me, I am forever trying to lose weight and get rid of my psoriasis. I need a tan and the gym, a manicure, a massage but oh have I loved these past couple of years. I wouldn't trade a second of it! It has tested me in every way and helped me grow not only as a mother, but as a person. I have realized who I want in my everyday life and what I want my kids to know about. At the center of my world is forever and always, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is through the love of Christ that I am able to take on every day and love my family, friends, myself and others I have yet to meet the best way I can, and live my life to glorify Him in every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment