This was probably one of the best Christmas Holidays. It was relaxed, enjoyable and just a whole lot of fun. I have just quit my job working at the daycare and was looking forward to staying at home again and Rob had just gotten a big promotion at work so we were both just enjoying the family and looking forward to the new year. The kids really looked forward to Santa this year and Little Miss didn't even want to sleep and woke up about three times asking me, "Mama, has Santa come yet?, Did I get my kitty?" in a sleepy daze. Silly girl! The kids got lots of fun things this year and I'm still trying to find room for it all. Some highlights were:
A Wii for both the kiddos
Gabby:
the FAVE: a stuffed kitty she has been asking for, now Thumper even got introduced to kitty and kitty now maintains Queen status and goes to Kindergarten with Gabby every day
light up Sketchers
art supplies
Hunter:
Bumble Bee transformer
Light Saber
Spiderman rocket
I'm about the download all the pictures soon and my piece de resistance was a new lens for my Canon! Yeah! Rob got a new pen, the new Call of Duty and Captain America.
Gabby got to sit with us during the Christmas Eve service this year and even got to do her first communion, of which she proceeded to spit the bread out while all was silent, saying "Eww gross, I can't eat that, that doesn't taste good Mama! " I got so tickled and Rob turned a shade of pink. Of course we discussed the symbolism, but sometimes kids will be kids. Poor thing, she thought it would taste exactly like bread and it really didn't. But she drank the juice and enjoyed being part of a HUGE candlelight service and marveled at the beauty of sharing the love of Christs' birth! We opened gifts as a family on Christmas Eve and relaxed and enjoyed Chicken soft tacos while reading Twas the Night Before Christmas.
We then went to John and Marys house and then the next day enjoyed Christmas with my fam!
All in all, a wonderful finish to 2011!
No comments:
Post a Comment