So, Mera just left for Atlanta for two weeks to do some training for her new job. We have let the blog go a little without updated because we have both been finishing up our old jobs. Yes, both of us start new jobs on the same day. We are excited because these jobs will enable us to be home on the weekends and holidays together with our little Gabby for the first time since we started dating. It will be a little difficult for the next two weeks without momma around since I have to be at work at 5 am but we will get by thanks to the help of our wonderful families.
Well, we went to Shoney's to consume many breakfast goodies Saturday morning. I told Mera that I wanted to go check out motorcycles and jetskies on the way home (just for kicks, not to actually buy one). She said that we should go look at Jeep's if we are going to look at anything. We had a Jeep before Gabby came home and sold it for a minivan for her arrival. Well, we ended up trading in the minivan for a new 4 dr. Jeep Wrangler. It's white with big wheels and tires, and a soft top. It is really cool and the one that Mera really wanted. Of course we still have the Expedition for when we want a hard top to take her out in but now we have a fun vehicle that we can use anytime also. Gabby sure loved running around with the wind in her hair. Momma just has to take her bow out so it doesn't blow away. It's actually pretty cool even in this 100 degree heat we've been having. We went to go meet Mera's cousin for breakfast on sunday in it. She giggled and laughed with her Uncle Bear in the back seat the whole way there and back. So pictures will come as soon as I get a chance. Momma, if you get to check this out, We love you and can't wait for you to get back Friday!
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great post!!! Hope things go well with your new jobs.
ReplyDeleteI hope things go well for you with your new jobs...I have been thinking about the both of you a lot lately and praying for you. I am glad to hear you are doing well. WOW...gone for TWO weeks!? How will she survive? I couldn't! Being home together on holidays and weekends is SUCH a big deal. Kris is a cop and I worked in a restaurant for years and so it was wonderful when I quit my job and a year ago when Kris got switched to M-F so we could be home together more. For Alec's first three years he worked 2-10, weekends, and most holidays. We have welcomed this change with open arms and I know you will too!
ReplyDeleteHugs