Thursday, August 02, 2007

Our New FURRY Family Member!!!!

Since I have told most people, I will post it on the blog. Rob and I found out today that our first IVF/ICSI cycle failed. It was a hard day for me and for Rob. We transferred 3 embryos and none of the little guys took. We have been through a lot of shots, Rob giving and me receiving :) and I hyperstimulated pretty bad and we have nothing to show for it. I don't usually post stuff like this but it hurts alot. I know that alot of you that may read this have faced the trials of infertility and know its harsh pain.

I honestly don't think I would ever have had the guts to face the gamble of infertility treatments and miscarriage again without Gabby. I was pretty worn out. She gave Rob and I a renewed zest for life when we adopted her and a wonderful confidence in myself as a mother and I thought just maybe we could give her a sibling. Unfortunately now is not the time and we have 11 frozen little embryos. At least I'm done with those bleepin PIO shots, I was taking 3cc in the morning and 2cc at night and my hips were so knotted and sore. So maybe another time. We have a wonderful family of three and thats what Gabby gave us, a family.

However on a brighter note, Rob and I just went out one night, the night before the retrieval actually, and bought a cat. We just went to the store to show Gabby the animals after dinner and wham, bought a cat. However, since I have been on bed rest our little Dakota grew quite attached to his mama and really puts the dogs in their place. He has lots of kitten energy in him and pounces on the dogs, chases his tail and as you can see, loves Gabby's diaper caddy. He sleeps on my chest every night. He is really quite sweet! Enjoy!



Miss Priss in all her glory


But what an angel she is to us!
She loves Dakota and prances around after him.


Dakota perched on his throne


Uh, no you just didn't do that Ginger


You need to back away gross dog, I'm the leader now.


Uh Mom, who is this new guy? Not cool Mom, not cool at all


That's right dogs, I'm the leader of your pack now. I'm 100% kitten and I'm not afraid of you, even if there are two of you

6 comments:

  1. thinking about you guys and saying a prayer:)

    Gabby - gorgeous as evah:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. I will be praying for you. Hope you feel better soon. Cute kid and cute animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly don't even have the words for you. My heart just broke when I read your post. It did. I was so hoping and praying that this was going to work out for you. I just can't imagine what you are feeling right now but please know that I will be praying for you and that you can have peace about everything that has happened. God bless you daughter...it's children that help us get through the hard time.
    Thinking of you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear the sad news...just know that you are in our thoughts. Love the pics and your sweet, adorable, little kitty!!! Gabby looks cuter than ever, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT A SWEEEEEET kitty!!! It looks like she's in full force with the dogs - which is a good thing! I need to see this new family member soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I said "her" for the cat...hmm...still need to figure that out for you, don't I???

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin