Saturday, October 20, 2007

It Was a Monster Mash, it was a Graveyard Smash

Gabby and I had a ladies day out today because Daddy went to Memphis! We had a Pumpkin Patch Party and went to pick out a pumpkin and a Halloween costume (yes I finally found one). Gabby is quite the lady and definately makes her needs known now. She had a fit in Target when Mommy had to take the plastic pumpkins away from her that she had so diligently lined up in the aisle while Mommy shopped. Then, when we checked out and Gabby had to surrender the costume for ONE SECOND to scan it, she wailed. I couldn't help but look a little sheepish at the checkout girl who was just staring blankly at Gabby as if to say what in the world..... I also definately got my exercise today as Gabby has learned to run a little and was running all over the consignment store today. Whew, I wouldn't trade it for the world but man am I exhausted.

I was telling my friend Wendy that motherhood just seems to get better and better as they age because they can communicate more and more with you. She will understand this soon enough as she is very pregnant and gets to find out the sex next Thursday. We are very excited for Gabby to have another playmate. Gabby is such a hoot too, and really cracks me and Rob up. Today I said okay Gabby lets go get a shower and get ready and she pulled her shirt clear over her head. I had NO clue she knew what that meant. She understands, nap, bed, shower, no, ball, dog, cat, shoes and of course baba (bottle). It is weird sometimes to see her respond to me even though she may not be able to say very much. When I say okay lets go, she reaches for me and says bye-bye, because every morning we say bye to the animals as we leave for daycare. Life with Gabby really is an amazing and wacky ride but always so much fun!












3 comments:

  1. Awwwww....what wonderful fall pictures of a very special and beautiful little princess! I love all of them! Motherhood IS the greatest thing...isn't it!?
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love the pictures and ofcourse your little pumpkin! She is just adorable...motherhood is truly a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no...I'm so sorry to hear about your failed IVF. I know it is such a heartbreaking and frustrating thing to go through.

    We did 6 rounds of IVF (2 were FET's) and our last got us our triplets!

    Your little girl is BEAUTIFUL and I pray that she gets a new sister or brother here very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin