Wednesday, December 30, 2009

More circumcision info.

I read this on another blog, only 14% of docs use anesthesia now but lots of them play music to "calm" the babies. Good to know! If someone was playing music during my HSG, I would have been too focused on the fact that I was experiencing SEARING pain to notice. And that was only 30 seconds, circumcisions last 15 minutes!!! The AAP says that performing circumcisions without pain relief is unethical, yet so many doctors continue to do it. DEMAND ANESTHESIA!!!Maybe they won't remember but won't you?

1 comment:

  1. It's worth remembering that no-one except for Jewish people and Muslims would even think about having parts cut off their sons' genitals if it weren't for the fact that 19th century doctors thought that :
    a) masturbation caused various physical and mental problems (including epilepsy, convulsions, paralysis, tuberculosis etc), and
    b) circumcision stopped masturbation.

    Both of those sound ridiculous today I know, but how that's how they thought back then, and that's how non-religious circumcision got started. If you don't believe me, then check out this link: http://www.noharmm.org/docswords.htm

    Heck, they even passed laws against "self-pollution" as it was called.

    Over a hundred years later, circumcised men keep looking for new ways to defend the practice.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin