Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Two new things I learned...

yesterday! The first is I wish my son would try to take the vacuum from me more often because he just learned to come running after me crying and begging to hold the handle vacuum and secondly, there are lots of couples who are not perfect. Rob and I are definately not, he can make me madder than anything in one red hot second, and I KNOW I can do the same from him. But I'm glad that we care enough about one another to evoke such passionate responses. We love each other and work daily to be selfless and let me tell you, it is hard! But we are in it together to weather the storms together. One interesting thing I was thinking about yesterday is that Rob and I have gotten in our biggest fights during some of the happiest times of our lives, never when we are going through rough times. It was always like a month after a miscarriage or when I was pregnant with Hunter. I also remember going to one of our home study visits blazing mad at him. I say this not to be negative, but just to be honest. We have a great marriage but we have battled some storms and it will only make us stronger, we fight daily to love the Lord, each other and our kids, in that order! We love each other and are committed to make it work!

The reason I started thinking about this is because a very popular blogger whose site I frequent often, I found out her husband had gotten arrested on two counts of domestic violence twice while she was pregnant no less. I don't know the details and don't really care to go snooping around to find out. I heard it was a verbal outburst but I don't know. Nonetheless, I also discovered a lot of hate blogs about this particular blogger. Apparently they think her whole blog is a sham now. Why?? What a waste of time. I don't know what happened on those nights but I think it is up to them to repair and/or seek help. She is a sharp strong woman and no matter how they proceed, I just don't think it is anyone's business. They seem like a wonderful family who is fighting the odds, who has had their share of ups and downs, however it is just not anyone's business to fight for or against this fight. Some of her followers were on the opposite side of the fight in the comments which is nice, but let it go. I read for a bit and then just went on. We all have our shares of fights, let them figure it out. We are so obsessed with the lives of others these days that it becomes difficult to live our own. We have enough of our own battles, like taking care of jobs, homes, kids and husbands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin