We also started MOPS this year and we all really enjoy the Wednesday outings to the meetings or playdates. It is relaxing for me to spend quality Mom time with other Mothers of Preschoolers and we also do crafts, devotionals and discussions. And of course food, a wonderful brunch starts all our meetings!
Gabby started her first sport this year, soccer! It has been a humbling experience for us both. Gabby has come from sitting on the sidelines during practice and crying over hitting the ball to becoming a great player. Her coach tells me constantly that she is the happiest player because she just runs after the balls and grins and laughs the whole time. I carried her screaming onto the field for the first game, thinking she wouldn't go in at all (although she had to go sit with her teammates anyway) and low and behold, she has really grown into a great player, although she is not one for hustling too much over the ball ;) , but Rob and I really enjoy the practices and games and she gets lots of great exercise!
Hunter is not yet in MDO, and continues to hang with Mom, becoming more and more of an inquisitive 2 year old everyday. If he isnt pouring hot sauce in my drink or slathering my make-up all over his face, he is usually amusing himself with crayons, drawing someplace he shouldn't. He says no almost constantly and repeats about 50% of what sissy says. He really idolizes her, it is so sweet and their conversations are so hilarious!!!
I still plan on going back to nursing school at some point, some day ;) For now, I try to cherish every minute of hanging out with a 2 and 4 year old because I know it will pass all too soon!
Check the next post for soccer pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment