Friday, September 03, 2010

Schooling...

I was just looking through information about schooling because as kindergarten approaches for Gabby, I'm at odds about where to send her. I have narrowed it down to several schools, a nearby magnet school, a nearby Montessori school and several private schools in the area. Still, homeschooling is always in the back of my mind. I came across a great blog from a natural Mommy no less with lots of teaching tips and some home-based Montessori methods she uses.

http://www.thenaturalmommy.com/2009/04/02/montessori-tweezers-and-a-belly-shot-kinda/

This is such a hard decision for us and I want Gabby to be as happy as she has been at Long Hollow preschool. I want a school that has diversity, strong academics, Bible teachings, and a good athletics program. The problem is, none of them have all four :( I am very impressed with Montessori and I think Gabriella would love this school but I'm afraid that when she leaves the Montessori teaching method, it would be much of a shock for her to return to traditional lesson based teacher led school. When we visited the school, Gabby dove right into the activities and really loved it! Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin