Friday, February 08, 2008

Scared...

Well my doctor just called at 7:30 tonight, yes on a Friday night, (thats how awesome he is) to tell me that the results came back from my Triple Screen test and everything looks great. Little boo was hippity hopping around in my stomach and I was lucky enough to have two ultrasounds on Monday. He/she is a happy little boo with lots of energy. I can't imagine what it will feel like when he starts kicking his mom...and I can feel it. The imaging center said we can go back to them for our 20 week ultrasound which will be on my birthday!! They include the ultrasound on DVD and they do the 3D imaging. Cool huh!

I have to admit in all my 4.5 years researching infertility and miscarriages, I sometimes have too much information. Dr. Vasquez is taking me off all my hormones next Friday through Sunday and I'm petrified. I have just read too many stories of babies dying from being weaned off Prometrium. But as Rob says, people always talk about the bad and not as much about the good. I'm not being weaned off, I'm just stopping it all at once, all 1200mg. of it. I then go in for a blood test on Monday. My estradiol level is rising nicely which means the placenta is doing fine compensating so coming off the estrogen pills doesn't worry me. My progesterone dropped last blood test and he doesn't want to increase my meds since I'm coming off them. So if my placenta doesn't take over, my levels will fall and I'll go back on the meds, but if my level rises, it means the placenta compensated for the loss. But the only way to know is to stop the drugs completely. I'm just really really scared. Please say a little prayer for me and Rob, I'm sorry because I know that when I start getting really scared, I get really edgy. Its just that the Promterium has been my safety net and now its being yanked away from me. I remember Rob's sister saying as she was laying in the hospital at Vanderbilt after having contractions at 25 weeks that you just have to convince yourself everything will be okay because you don't have a choice. I believe in the Lord and I know there is a reason for THIS child, THIS very child I am carrying after all this time, just like GABBY was the child meant for us. And now Gabby has a little sissy or brother that can't wait to meet her. What an awesome big sis she will be!

6 comments:

  1. OMG this is the first I've heard of this!!! I'm behind on blogs and look at what I missed!!!!!!!! I am totally and completely THRILLED for you!!!!!!! I am putting you on my prayer list for a healthy pregnancy. HOw awesome. I'm just beaming for you now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rob and Mera...we made our blog private (long story), so e-mail me and I will add you to the invitation list! Andrea Webster (andrea0667@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the test results! That's so great. I'll keep you guys in my prayers as you go through this next hurdle. And, you're right. Gabby will be the best big sister ever. You can SO already tell that. Love you guys and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I forgot to say that we are praying for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will pray for you ..... keep us updated !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will be in our prayers. I am looking forward to seeing Gabby as a big sister...she is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin