Sunday, May 03, 2009

Trying to contain my almost nine month old son...

might very well in fact be like trying to herd a cat.

In other words, it doesn't work...at all

He is crawling a little everywhere and seemingly picking out every single miniscule figment of dirt he can get his teeny tiny hands on only to pop it in his mouth. Today he nearly fell down the stairs and tried to eat a pistachio shell.

Dare I say it... is this a sign of things to come? In several months time, might I find myself in a constantly hunched over position chasing after a fearless toddler.

He is a jovial little dude and the more people around, the more excited and social he gets bouncing up and down squealing and itching to get down and explore. Squirmy might just be his new name!

I will say that this in no way intimidates his sister who, at first surprised and shocked that he does in fact do more than just lay in one position all day, now has asserted herself and no matter that Hunter has no clue what she is saying, she shouts her demands to him if dares to get close to Thumper, her stroller or any other Disney figure in this house that she has staked claim to, seemingly obvious to everyone else in the room except her nosy brother who follows her around a little everywhere!!!

Ahhh, sibling rivalry starts young but I wouldn't have it any other way!


2 comments:

  1. ummmmm er here you come! im kidding! I have a boy like that too!!! LOL

    hugs,leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, and why is that they find everything on the floor and eat it. My littlest one has eaten even the dog food and I'm thinking I can't even get her to eat regular food!!! So I can soooo relate!!!! It's amazing that these kids have so much sibling rivalry at such an early age!!! Emily's favorite thing and word right now is "mine"........... I feel for ya sister :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin