So I will leave you with my thoughts for Monday...er Tuesday...oops!
I want to lose weight really bad! But the sheer fact that in order to lose weight I must not eat fries, cookies, and Chick Fil-A sandwiches is really heart wrenching!!! IT IS SO HARD!!! SO bleepin hard!!!
I am having a second yard sale~thats correct, we've already had one. Why do you need another Mera, thats a little overboard isn't it? Well yes it is! Its because we have so much shi$%#@!!!! So I spent the day trying to cut down on the sheer amount of crap we have stored at my in-laws house. I was so ready to chuck it all. As much as I want to keep things for my kids, I was so tempted to throw it all out. I did have fun revisiting the past.
Here are some fun facts I rediscovered today searching through our massive amount of stuff:
I was on Homecoming Court my Senior Year wearing a dress I couldn't fit my right arm in to now!
Wendy and I were "discovered" (ha ha) one day while we ate lunch outside and this TV exec approached us to make a commercial for CMT as it is now! I found the old copy today. We had to do take after take of us screaming, "We LOVE Little Texas!" It was so fun!
Rob and I have known each other since fifth grade when I wore a dog tag and was called punky brewster (in a very cool fun fashionable way I tell myself :) and he had a buzz cut, dark glasses and really tall socks
I had many pet snakes, a kigsnake, a hognose snake and a corn snake. My parents found my first snake, the kingsnake, at a garage sale! I had to feed him mice!
Wendy and I made picture journals for each other like every couple of years with pictures from magazines detailing our families with the boys we were dating at the time. It was hilarious looking back through all of our journals! Thank goodness for Rob, thats all I'm gonna say!
Rob and I both dated a lot, a LOT of people before we settled on each other or rather became more than friends. We both had very serious relationships in high school with great people and both went to college on a mission to complete the most amount of partying in the smallest amount of time. We also both got our acts together and I moved away to Atlanta for a job and then when I came back, he was here looking for the same thing. We both rushed in college and neither of us joined a fraternity or sorority, although Rob pledged. Looking through all our momentos made me realize why we are so perfect for one another.
I also revisited some things that weren't so happy. I had forgotten I saved the ultrasounds and momentos from our first loss. It was the only time out of the three miscarriages that we saw the heartbeat. Once a heartbeat is established, the chances of loss goes down drastically. I know that God's timing is perfect though! Its so easy to think that you have battled more than you deserve but the fact remains that there is always someone who has battled more. And no one knows God's timing but God.
God has continued to remind me of that. Rob has always been so protective of our family. I will never forget him breaking down in the ER after the doctor told us we were losing our baby the first time after seeing the heart beating so strong on the ultrasound just a week before. I was frozen in shock and felt like a statue and he has held me so many nights since promising me we would get our family. Failures came and went and while others gave up on our prospect of having a family, God knew otherwise and Rob felt it. He knew as strong as I did that we were led to adopt! He also knew that Hunter would come naturally, separate from the IVF cycle we had just gone through!
Or watching him cry over losing his dog. He might be the only guy I know who loves dogs as much as me! He always knows how to show his love in the best ways, he bought me a Coach purse out of nowhere and sent me flowers on what would have been the due date of our first loss. I'm a lucky gal and God's timing for our daughter and our son couldn't have been more perfect. I can't believe I get to spend each day with such an awesome guy who loves his family and always works hard to make sure they are loved and cared for. I love that Rob is so protective of us. He adores Gabs and Hunter and loves being a Daddy.
It was a fun day of realizing that we have a bunch of crap, that we have survived a lot and become better people for it and that I used to be a lot skinnier! Good times!!!



Sometimes I love looking throuh old things and someties I don't You're right, it can bring back hard, painful memories. I feel that way whenever I look back at G's old pictures and hospital stuff. But, I ind that it always shows me how far we've come all because of God's provisions for us. He truly carries us through the hard stuff. This was a sweet post that I hope Rob reads. Love you guys! I hope th sale this Sat. goes well. I might stop by and see the kiddos.
ReplyDeleteWhat a special man you have!!!! THEY arent easy to find let me tell you!!! lol
ReplyDeleteHugs,leslie
Love your post. It is so awesome to read such great stories of couples. He is such a wonderful dad and husband. Good luck with the second garage sale. I finally broke down and had one!
ReplyDeleteRhonda