Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Plea!!

For those of you who may not know about us, Rob and I LOVE animals! We currently have two Shih-Tzus and a kitty named Dakota. It truly is a huge part of what makes us soulmates. I cannot imagine the Lord giving me someone without that love in their heart like mine. Rob has always loved animals as much as I do and we have had lots of dogs, one time we had four at once. We have had Ginger since she was a pup and Mindy we adopted a couple of years ago from this AMAZING rescue. The work that Laurie does is God's work in its purest form. She has a passion for these baies, most who have been neglected and abused, and wants to find the best home for them. She has vet bills that are outstanding on most all of the animals because they have so many health problems. Every time I go to her website, I find tears streaming down my face. She fights for those without a voice and needs the money so bad. Please, if you are looking for a wonderful place to give this Holiday season, her rescue is so amazing. Rob and I gave last Christmas as much as we could and plan to do the same this year.

Her website is http://preciouspawspekeandtzu.com/

Don't be surprised if you fall in love with these adorable babies.

Speaking of Mindy, I must tell you the terrible scare we had on Sunday. Rob was at the Titans game and Mindy got a hold of my KFC chicken breast and swallowed a very large bone that got lodged in her throat. She was wheezing and having trouble breathing. I tried very hard repeatedly to get the bone out but to no avail and started to panic. Mom and Dad rushed over and Mom took us to the emergency vet clinic where they did x-rays and then tried to tell me that there was no bone present and she was fine. After I completely lost it and started crying uncontrollably, they agreed to sedate her and look again. They finally got it out(which the vet tech agreed it was very large and lodged way down in her throat) and I really am unsure how they missed the very large irregular shaped bone on the x-ray in her throat. It was definately there. However that aside, Mindy is doing well and is happy as a lark. I'm so glad Rob spoke up for Mindy as I was crying too hard or else she would still have the bone when we left.

I say that for one reason. These babies NEED us, our help is crucial as so many animals are in need of medical care. We can speak on their behalf. Please consider giving to Laurie. She desperately needs the help and I have witnessed her hard work and determination to fight for these babies. It is inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin