Thursday, November 13, 2008

Horror!!!

This blog was designed as a memoir for my children, a journal for them to have of their lives. I keep this blog lighthearted and positive. For the most part, I try to avoid politics and generally any other controversial topic. However I realized tonight, I cannot let this issue pass me by. I want my children to know where we stand and why and feel it is important to stand up for what we believe is right.

As I was on facebook tonight, my newest addition, I was writing on a friend's wall, and I noticed she was asked to join a cause called STOP partial birth abortions. Has anyone read about this horrifying act? I began to do some research outside of facebook about this absolutely horrifying and murderous act and was appalled to the point of nausea. Literally, I felt weak. Then I began to research further and realized that there are doctors out there ALLOWED to perform this act in our state. It is legal. One can find a doctor who will perform this act because a woman changes her mind. I have had three miscarriages and have witnessed my baby's tissue passing from my body. I cannot imagine the emotional aftermath of voluntarily participating in such a procedure, not to mention the actual act itself. If you are not familiar with the procedure, I urge you to get familiar.

I am so appalled that I feel I need to gather information about this act and try to stop it. I want to learn more about it.

5 comments:

  1. Yea its just sooo horrible!!!!

    Hugs,Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree this needs to be brought into the spotlight and done away with, it is a horrible act, and the fact that it is allowed in the US is very disturbing. Here is a site that you may find interesting, though I warn you, the end is stomach turning. http://www.priestsforlife.org/partialbirth.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had heard of it but I thought the law changed it. I am assuming since you said it is still allowed that perhaps it is a State decision? Ugh, makes my heart sick just thinking of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very disturbing. Not only partial birth abortion, but educate yourself on the laws surrounding what a doctor is allowed to do in the case a baby survives what they call a 'botched' abortion. Both of these procedures are supported by our new president elect according to his voting record in the Illinois state senate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read he voted against the Born
    Alive Infant Protection Act four times.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin