this is what hubby says every time I come up with one of my "ideas" for which hubby is all too aware of since he married me. After six and a half years, he's learning to roll with the punches better, I'll give him that!
As I have expressed on earlier posts, I'm very interested in eating organic and how our kids can benefit from eating at least milk and dairy from an organic source. Hunter is doing well, I mean how organic can you get as all he gets is my milk, mmmm mmm good! But the problem is that organic chicken and beef is darn expensive and hard to come by where we live. We are selling our house to try to get out of debt so Rob's idea of cutting down does not include the luxury and expense of completely going organic, much to my dismay.
SO whats a girl to do, go vegetarian, thats what. I decided to eliminate the hormones, preservatives, antibiotics and whatever other gross additives are in meat these days by cutting it from my diet. I am still going to eat dairy and fish. And chicken in the RARE event there is nothing else to eat and we are eating out. But the plan is to eliminate these awful additives from my diet. My concern was that because of breastfeeding for which I wish I could do until Hunter is like five. (I'm totally kidding, don't get all freaked out) Not really, maybe just 2, I LOVE breastfeeding. But I was concerned that he was not going to be getting enough protein, but quite the contrary, vegetarianism is safe while breastfeeding, especially if you still eat dairy and get plenty of calcium, zinc and Vitamin B. I'm really excited and surprisingly it hasn't been hard to cut out of my diet at all. Well its only been a couple of days, ask me in a month.
However I have all told you that Rob already thinks he married Dharma. He thinks I'm going to turn into what he "thinks" is the typical vegetarian. Quite the contrary. I may be getting more granola by the day but I'm as conservative as they come, love the Lord, still pro-life and will NEVER change, and want our government to stop dictating more and more areas of my life. However I may do it while eating nuts, wearing Berks and putting on mineral make-up :)
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha, I went vegetarian about 6 months ago, and it's easier than most people think. My husband had the same reaction, he thought I was becoming a "tree hugger" and was a little nervous. He is now very supportive and has helped me learn what products to avoid that I didn't realize had meat.
ReplyDeleteTip: If you eat re-fried beans, buy the low-fat (availbale at Kroger and Publix, etc.). It cost the same, but without the lard!! Still tons of protein too!
tooo funny with hubby! Mine just totally rolls his eyes whenever I say "sit down as I have an idea", epecially after TWO adoptions, hahahaha
ReplyDelete