My poor little boo had to go to the ER on Wednesday:( It really scared us. She swallowed the thick reflective tape on a CD cover and began coughing and spitting up blood. I was returning to work to close the store and Rob took her over to Summit. His parents and my parents met him there and I got there as soon as I could. When Rob got to the hospital, Gabby started wheezing again and Rob turned her upside down and patted her on the back. Then my mother, who is also an EMT, was able to reach into her throat and get the tape out. Thanks to their quick actions, Gabby is fine. After chest x-rays and an exam, we were able to leave about midnight. Besides giving us a good scare, all is well. Gabby is back to herself definately in princess mode tonight not wanting to go to bed. I might even dare to say she is a bit spoiled. Hee Hee. But it really makes you think about the fact that it only takes a second for kids to get into something that could really hurt them. They are constant explorers.

Just two hours before I went to the ER.

Mommy's new haircut, shorter than I've ever had but so EASY in the mornings

Mommy and Daddy's little boo right before they took her for chest x-rays. Poor boo:(

Really enjoying Grandpa's Christmas present, a ducky filled with water and little fishies, perfect for my highchair.


OH GIRL...Kya doing something like that is my worst fear...I am so glad Gabby is OK and I am glad you did not have a heart attack I would have...Hugs Candy and kya blu
ReplyDelete