Monday, December 17, 2007

Shocked.....still....

Rob and I are on cloud nine although I think we are both still in shock. He keeps me positive and happy. Although I would never wish the rollercoaster of infertility on anyone, the past four years have made me realize a couple of things. One, that we were completely meant to have Gabby, and secondly that through it all, Rob has come to understand and really feel the intensity of the meaning of motherhood. He has stood by my side through all of our treatments, pregnancies and losses and as usual, he is the person I most cling to during pregnancy. He is the only person that feels the pain and now the happiness the same way I do. I can't go to sleep at night unless he is holding my hand because I know that he will protect me whatever may happen, this time I think he will be also holding my hand while I'm screaming in labor :)Not that most men are not excited, I just think the experience that Rob and I have been through has made him keenly aware and truly appreciative of my feelings. He has given me sometimes three shots a day, watch as I went through three miscarriages and felt the heartache with me that only infertility can bring all the time standing by my side.

Our bloodwork is looking amazing!!! My beta numbers are doubling and as of the last result tripling, my estradiol looks great and my progesterone is rising very well. I'm on lots of hormones, not to mention the pregnancy hormones so sufficed to say, I'm a little moody. Rob would argue with this, and say that I am extremely moody and he's scared I'm gonna bite his head off, but that is silly. Haha, more like probably true! But Gabby is crying so I must get her but all is well and Rob and I thank the Lord for this blessing. I'll keep everyone updated. My first ultrasound is the week after Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!OMG!OMG! I am SOOOOO happy for you guys!!! I am praying for an uneventful and healthy pregnancy. You guys must be on cloud 9! I swear...this is the year for pregnancies! I now have 5 friend that are expecting in 2008. YEA!! Send Gabbycita our love and kisses from Lincoln.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin