Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Pregnancy Investigator

Here is the conversation:

Me: (set items up on table to check out) "Hi"

CVS Lady : "Wow, so when are you due?"

Me: (smiling brightly) "August"

CVS Lady: "Nooo, you've got to be due sooner than that, you are so big."

Me: (losing smile) "Nope as far as I know its still August"

CVS: "Well is it twins?"

Me: (starting to get a little ill) "No, just one..."

CVS: "Are you sure??"

Me: (no smile at all, getting pissed. After five zillion ultrasounds, I'm sure they missed my second kid) "Pretty darn"

CVS: "Well it must be a huge baby then?"

Me: (I just glare at her, wondering if she has any etiquette at all) no answer

CVS: "Is it a boy?"

Me: (just wanting it to be over) "mmm hmm"

CVS: " OH, well thats why you look so big, boys are all out front."

Me: "I had no idea" and take my bags and jet outta there

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Some people just don't think...and also don't know when to zip it! I would have stomped on her foot and pulled her hair!! Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have (and in this order):
    a) given her that "huh?" look
    b) told her that when you take "unicorn tonenail extracts" it looks like your baby boy is a little bigger than normal
    c) given her a gift card to Rose Nail and told her to ask them if she can get you the # to the Chinese Acrobats!!! ;-)

    Love you & can't wait to see you soon!! Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAH...are you kidding me? What is WRONG with people! Well...the due date IS getting closer and with that comes all the fun and EXCITEMENT! I am still thrilled for you guys. Can't wait to see some pics once you upload them too:-)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin