Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Gabby's Gardening!

So mom came over to help me plant a whole new landscape design after all our bushed died in the drought. I have been to a gardening center seriously six times now and even Gabby says plant "pant" now. Oh and "dut" (dirt). Okay so she had a blast and had a fit when mom tried to borrow potting soil from "her" bag. I put her in time out once for not sharing but thought oh well, what do ya do. There sure aren't any handbooks on parenting, or at least not titled, "What to do when your child becomes suddenly obsessed with the bag of potting soil when you went to great lengths to undo all of her new sidewalk chalk and get out her sand toys so she would have lots to do." Point is toddlers LOVE to be involved and mom let her put handful after handful of "her" potting soil in the holes she dug and Gabby was on cloud nine...and extremely dirty. But I dare you to touch her bag as you would hear " No Babby...NOOOO Babby's!" She is just too darn cute to get mad at sometimes.

Next, she discovered her shadow today as we were eating as the sun came in through the windows casting a shadow on the door. It was so cute, she kept walking away and then walking back saying "mama....Babby, Babby......door" At first I had no idea why she kept saying her name until I saw her shadow. What a doll.

Okay last thing, she knows now when people give her things. Mom gave her that slide and every time she egts on it, she says "Nama....tank chu" Mom and Dad came over one day and gave her this plush rabbit and she named it "Nama" She was eating lunch today and I kept playing this musical bunny Rob's parents got her and she said "Nana....Papa....tank chu" Gosh I love this child.

Okay one last thing, So she was screaming after we put her to bed not just whining but wailing so of course dad went to put her in bed with him and I laid down too b/c I knew Rob would pass out in about two seconds being that he worked about 16 hours today. She snuggled right up to me and kept saying, "hi mama" with this cute grin and I would say "Gabby go night night, shhhhh" Then she would take her little finger up to her mouth and say "shhhhh" though it sounded like "shheeeeee"

Oh AND for the second time I asked Gabby if I was having a boy or girl even emphasizing girl b/c she answered boy last time so I wanted to see if her answer would change. Nope, she just kept saying "boy.....boy....boy" Then I said "no girl, girl" to see if she would repeat me. Nope just "boy....boy....boy!"

IS SHE RIGHT?????????

I FIND OUT AT 8AM TOMORROW!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin