Monday, April 14, 2008

More Late Night Thoughts~

What is with my epiphanies that I get really late. I have become an insomniac and never can go to bed before midnight. So I have two things to say.

First of all, I have to give my hubby props for something that comes so naturally. Rob is 6'5" and a man's man. He is a sport's playin, beer loving, wing-eatin, Madden playin guy's guy. He is usually the center of attention with his silly jokes and funny stories. But it is so funny because he is such a good girl's Daddy and doesn't even have to try. He is so interested in the little things about Gabby that most guys could care less about. He has always been super involved in Gabby's care and cares about her clothes, hair and usually demands that we carry his diaper bag. It was just really cute because we went to go get a trim on Gabby's hair and it was just cute how involved he was. We both agree on no bangs and just wanted to trim it up. He lets me make the decisions on length but is so involved in her happiness and tried so hard to make sure she was happy because it freaked her out. He is just really cute and I have always loved his heart and knew he would be such a good Dad, but he really blows me away. He NEVER gets irritated with her and always treats her like such a princess. We are lucky to have such an amazing provider and protector. We are everything to him. I love you baby!

Secondly, I have realized that everyone mothers in a different way. It is so easy to judge the way someone loves, watches, cares about or disciplines their child. I even see people out and about and think wow I would never say that or do that. But that is just not fair. There are so many wonderful mothers around me that love their children. We all show it in a different way and I don't think it is fair to judge the way someone mothers their child because the way one does it might mean another does it in a different way. It is just different ways of showing that love. So props to all the mothers I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin