Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tuesday Tabacles

So big news, Rob converted Gabby's crib into a toddler bed after I had a huge scare today when she climbed out of her crib and hit the ground with a huge thud. I feel partly responsible because she is so terribly heavy and I have been letting her climb out holding my hands. Well I changed her in her crib, turned for ONE second to toss the diaper away and she was on the floor screaming because she tried to climb out herself. She cried for about 20 minutes and I got so scared, I started crying. But nonethless she is fine and we took the front rail off, well Rob did. I actually was scared she would not go down tonight and keep crawling out of her new bed for which she kept saying, "dada, tank chu." We made a big deal out of it and she was super proud. But she zonked out about 7:30 and then after I laid down I heard her screaming on the monitor about 10:30. I told Rob I would check on her and there she is in the middle of the floor because she had rolled out of the bed sound asleep by now just laying in the center of her room. I let her sleep with us and then she woke up saying, "mama down...Babby" so I knew she wanted to go back to her bed. So I put her back in her bed and now I can't sleep because I'm scared she will take another tumble. I am going to buy one of those railings to prevent kids from falling out.

On another note, we had a fun day and went to visit Wendy and new baby Zach who is too darn cute oh my goodness. Gabriella is quite taken with Wendy and didn't want to leave. She loves all of Zach's toys and always makes a beeline for his nursery.

Hunter now feels like a jackrabbit inside me. Wendy kept telling me each week the kicks will get stronger and stronger. Well he is an active little dude all of a sudden. He is kicking me hard and last night, Rob had his hand on my stomach and barely felt his kick. I'm reassured and starting to get really excited. His bedding came in tonight and it is SO cute so Mom and I might have to start getting serious on our decorating. I moved the glider, nightstand and lamp in the room and it looks cute! All for now, must get to bed before 1AM.

3 comments:

  1. I would love to help with the room if you need it. You could just order me around and sit with your feet propped up! I'm still bringing you lunch, I promise! Gavin got an infection in his lymph nodes late last week and I'm not taking chances on spreading it AND my stomach hasn't been so good either. I'm hoping we're all well very soon 'cause I miss you gals! Gavin will be admitted to Vandy Monday a.m. through Tuesday a.m., so it probably won't be until Wed. at the earliest. Let me know what your calendar looks like. I can't believe you are 23 weeks tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mera! Do you remember me? It's been awhile but I just saw a post from your husband on a.com and followed the blog link. WOW - congrats are in order and Gabby is cuter than ever. Hope you all are well. You can find me here. :)
    www.brotherandlittlebitty.blogspot.com

    Melany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God, Maya has not fallen out of the bed yet. She doesn't realize that has about a foot to climb out either. Glad that she is okay.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin