Thursday, September 25, 2008

a few more Gabbyisms...

Every day when Rob gets home, I have Gabby stories to tell him of things she said and did. I need to start writing more down so she can read them some day. Here are a couple more cute things my princess did...

she loves to draw and of course it is scribble and circles but yesterday as she was scribbling, I overheard her say, "mama...dada...bay bay...Babby" to herself like she was drawing her family. So darn cute!

we have begun to potty train and she seems to think lots of things belong in the toilet. 2 days ago I found a map to the zoo in one toilet and three of her diapers, clean mind you, in the other potty. 3 diapers gone! But it was so funny!

I try to include the baby in lots of playtime and he pretends he is building blocks and throwing balls etc with mama's help. My mom said this is a great way for them to bond and it works really well. Her favorite thing is for me to hold on to him while I'm on my knees and she grabs his hands and dances with him!!! We turn up the radio and jam, she thinks its great!

She copies so many things I say like "awww", "oh funny" and "look!" and lately she likes to announce that a room is "all TEAN!" after she marches around picking stuff up!!! It is hilarious! Rob says I say that after I clean a room, I had no idea. They pick up the funniest stuff!

she now knows her first and last name!

If she does something that I think is cute like we tried on her Snow White costume and she proudly said, "DADA!!!" like we have to show dada mama! She loves to have Daddy's attention!

And lastly two nights ago, I asked her to bring down her cereal cup from upstairs and she went up, came down with the bowl and spoon and uneaten cereal still in the bowl, dumped the cereal (and milk) in the trash and put the bowl up on the counter and announced to me, "Dere mama" (There mama!) It was so funny! She also knows how to put her silverware in the dishwasher.

She also like to do so much herself these days like put on her new diaper, her shorts and attempt the shoes. She does her teeth really well now and likes to help with anything for the baby. She even tries to pick him up, of course last night she chose to do this by his arm but she just doesn't know. I try never to react harshly when she is helping with Hunter even if she is doing it wrong. The only time I have to intervene is if she is hurting him. She tries to play hit him when I go get him when he is crying, but it is mostly due to jealousy. I tried getting onto her but that made it worse. So now I just say "oh no mama wants to see you give kisses, we give love in this family, not hits" She has been better. The more they do together and the more she can help, the easier the transition I've noticed. She is such a sweet girl and wants to help me with everything.

This morning when I opened her door she greeted me with " HIIIII Mama!!"

Have I said that I love being a SAHM!!! I am living my dream and just want to savor and record every second I have with these cuties before they up too fast!!! I really these babies so much it hurts!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin