It is crazy. Going from one to two is at least for us, quite a change for everyone. Gabriella is adjusting well to having a new little brother around. I try to make time for just her and we take walks and read books. She is such a sweetie and has grown fond of helping me with Hunter. She gives me wipes and diapers and covers him up. She gives him her moo-moos when he is crying which is so sweet and I constantly find Ariel in the bouncer or swing. Ariel is her new thing right now, she is addicted to The Little Mermaid. Ariel was on her new "potty pants" Nana and Papa got her and so we made a big deal of it and showed her the movie and gave her the doll and she is hooked! Of course this is in addition to her moo-moos.
I have gotten the hang of nursing with no bottles because even when I try to do a bottle a day Hunter (just so someone could keep him or Rob could feed him) won't have it and starts to neglect breast feeding so I am totally nursing with zero plastic and loving it. Although when the pain subsides which Wendy assures me will happen in a couple of weeks, I think I will like it better. I wish Rob could feed him but I am not ready to give up nursing. Because of my pituitary tumor, my first doctor told me I would never be able to breast feed so I never thought I would get this opportunity. My new doctor has assured me it will be fine so I want to do it for as long as I can. Plus I love the bonding time that I have with Hunter and I don't even mind getting up at night.
Hunter is a really good baby and fits so well into our family. Birth was overwhelming and I was so ultra weepy for a couple of weeks, crying ALL the time. Postpartum emotions are real!! I wasn't depressed, just adjusting to the change and the fact that I did it, with the grace of God, I delivered a healthy baby boy! That in and of itself was so real!! I am feeling better and healing well. The C-section was great, definately recommended! Well duty calls, Hunter is waking up but I wanted to do a quick update. Also I don't think I have ever felt as close to my husband as I do now. He was my rock during the birth and is every day. When I see his face at the end of a long day, I'm so excited!!! So life as a family of four even though money is tight, we are exhausted and the house is an eternal wreck, is pretty darn great!!! We are so blessed. Hopefully I will get the hang of two kids and update more often but man its hard. I still need to catch up on everyone else's blogs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aww, sweet post! It is hard - all of it! :) I agree about 1 to 2 being hard! 2 to 3 was much easier for us - for future reference!! For me it was getting used to someone crying seemingly all the time because I couldn't be in two places at once. Now, we're good, and with three they just wait their turn! Praying for continued recovery and sweet little moments. Praying for pain-free nursing too - that's the worst! Have a great day!
ReplyDelete