1C Borax
1C Washing Soda
one bar of Ivory (what I used) or other mild bar soap grated (use the cheese grater)
Dr. Bronners natural castille soaps would be good too in lieu of Ivory! I digress....
Combine all three, mix thoroughly and store in an airtight container
If you were like me, you were like, washing soda.... Borax...what bleep is that stuff and where do I buy it?
It is located at your local Krogers in the laundry aisle...stay tuned for more natural-ish homemade recipes for the face, body and house.
My goal is to weed out most if not all of our commercial cleaning and personal care items and replace them with more natural, homemade versions. Even the deodorant. I already use the natural variety because I am a stern believer the aluminum can contribute to breast cancer as it is right next to the breast but other than the Origins deodorant, I don't find may I like.
I say it once, I say it again, any company that spends millions and millions of dollars marketing their cheap mass produced products sure as heck isn't putting the money in their product. They want the mulah. Some of the best and most natural products I have found are the ones you may not know about because they spend time putting money in their product and eco-friendly packaging, not their advertising.
All for now folks, enjoy!



Good for you finding natural ways to do these things. I am always in awe of those who have the tenacity to work at this kind of thing until it really works.
ReplyDelete