Monday, April 27, 2009

New Gabbyisms

My soon-to-be three year old sick with bronchitis I might add has been making us laugh alot!!!
Enjoy some new Gabbyisms:

"Mama, we're best friends!" (Now if that doesn't melt your heart...) of course it is often followed by, "Ginger, we're best friends" as she goes to hug the dog Ha ha

I sneezed tonight and she said, "Mama, cover your mouth!" Hmmm, she hasn't heard that much lately. She also says, "Mama, don't choke" or "Mama, what happened, you okay mama?"

Gabby will push Thumper around in her stroller and I'll say "Oh is that you're baby, how old?" She will proudly exclaim, "Two months!" I have no idea where she got that.

Tonight she pointed to Hunter in the bath and said Mama, whats that? Uhhhhhhhh?? The only thing I could think of was keep it age appropriate. So I said, thats his boy parts. She seemed satisfied with that answer.

Gabby, along with every other toddler, is on a "no" kick. She says no all the time. It doesn't bother me and is part of a toddler's development, they want independence and want to think by themselves, and if she can't learn to tell me no, then how will she learn to say no when she really needs to. However, I'm trying to reward saying yes! So the other day, I said, Gabby stop saying so many no's. She paused and said, "Mama why are you saying nose (pointing to her nose)" I erupted in laughter. She had a point.

She also repeats so much of what she hears and just learned to say "I love you" last Tuesday night. So she tells me all the time , "I love you sweetie!" "I love you honey" because thats what she hears me say to her. oh it is so darn cute!

Hunter just started crawling Saturday!!!! However, today all day, he kept following Gabby around knocking over her blocks and messing up her DVDs. Oh she just couldn't figure out what to do because he usually sits where I put him. She was so thrown off by his crawling that she kept looking at me like, "what the heck is up, this is not cool at all" He adores her and thinks she is so funny. He wants to do everything just like her.

She feeds him for me at night while I'm cooking dinner, it is so sweet and she is so tuned into to him. She talks to him like he understands every word. "Hunter lets watch this movie, c'mere!" "Hunter, look at my cute outfit" "Hunter why are you sad?" "Hunter stop, go away!" "Hunter are you tired?" "I love you Hunter!" "Hunter you like that food" She will even say, "mama look at that cute face" about Hunter. She adores him...most of the time :)

Have I said lately how adorable my kids are and how much I am in love with them. Every day is an adventure!


2 comments:

  1. LMAO kids at that age are like sponges!!! Abby says such funny things too!!!!!

    hugs,leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are both so adorable and you are just the best mommy ever.................

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin