Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Homemade Recipe for Deodorant

You can use a small baby food jar for mixing and storing. Mix equal parts cornstarch and baking soda, then slowly add an oil of your choosing. Coconut oil is glorious, but you can also use grapeseed (what I had laying around) or another oil you might like. Use a make-up brush to apply. If only MAC knew what I was using their foundation brush for :)

For those of you who have used natural doedorants, you might have noticed they require re-application or just plaid don't work. Origins No Offense is great but takes reapplication. Nature's Gate was awful and those "stones" were a joke to me.

Since I only will pass on recipes that I personally recommend, I will tell you this works magnificently.

Remember it is healthy to sweat and removing toxins through the skin is the best way to detox. Since we have breast cancer in our family, I really have been searching for a good natural deodorant because the aluminum is so unhealthy. It traps toxins near the breast and doesn't allow the skin to breathe.

This is the best, cheapest and most effective natural deodorant I personally have ever used and you smell fresh all day. I was amazed! Plus the added benefit is smooth skin from the oil since just using baking soda alone can cause you to have irritated skin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin